You must have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years prior to the submission of your application. Holders of multiple Non-Immigrant visas cannot apply. You must have 3 consecutive yearly extensions in order to qualify.
You must be a holder of a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting your application.
You must be able to meet one of these categories to apply for PR status in Thailand:
1. Investment category minimum 3m Baht (100,000 USD / 80,000 GBP) to 10m Baht (335,000 USD / 260,000 GBP) investment in Thailand
2. Working/ Business category
3. Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: In this category, you must have a relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possess a residence permit as a husband or wife; father or mother; or a guardian of a Thai child under 20 years of age.
4. Expert / academic category
5. Other categories as determined by Thai Immigration
You can either buy real estate, put money into a fixed deposit account at a bank in Thailand, or purchase government bonds to quality under Thailand’s investor visa program.
Investing in a combination of those assets also works. You can purchase a 5-million-baht (170,000 USD / 130,000 GBP) condo and put another 5 million in a term deposit.
Buying multiple properties works too – just as long as you meet the 10 million-baht (335,000 USD / 260,000 GBP) minimum.
Investment category minimum 3m Baht (100,000 USD / 80,000 GBP) to 10m Baht (335,000 USD / 260,000 GBP) investment in Thailand
In addition to this, you can be eligible to become a director of a Thai public company, as well as eventually apply to become a naturalized Thai citizen. You will also be able apply for an extension of stay and Permanent Resident status for your non-Thai family members.
All applications for Thai Permanent Residency is processed by the Royal Thai Immigration Commission. The annual quota for granting permanent residency in Thailand is a maximum of 100 persons per country. The application period for Thai PR usually from October to the end of December of every year.
You can file an application to become a Thai naturalized citizen after holding Permanent Resident status in Thailand for 10 consecutive years.