United States of America - E2 Residency.

Why The United Sates of America?

The United States (US) is one of the largest of the world’s countries comprising of 50 states, and located between Canada and Mexico.  The US is a federal republic and representative democracy, and a founding member of the UN, NATO, the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.  Although its population is only 4% of the world total, it holds 31% of the world’s wealth, and ranks very highly in socioeconomic performance including median wealth, income, salary and human development. 

The country is consistently ranked among the best for its overall competitiveness and ease of doing business.   US business culture actively encourages free enterprise and competition, with inviting start-ups and franchise creation.  As a stable democracy with a transparent and predictable legal system, all companies – regardless of national origin – compete on an even playing field.

The US has established two forms of residency programme – the E-2 and EB-5.  The former is a temporary residency visa whilst the latter, a permanent one.  The difference is evident in the level of financial investment together with the commitment to US economic growth by the investor.   The E-2 visa is for the development and direction of an enterprise and is only available to nationals of a  country entreated with the US.  Provided the investor continues to meet the requirements, the visa can be extended every 5 years. 

Pathway to Residency

Real Estate.

There is no requirement to purchase real estate.


There is no specific level of investment.Instead, the E-2 programme requires a substantial relative investment by a principal investor towards the creation or purchase of a brand-new franchise.


No additional contributions are required.


The investment vehicle must be retained during the period of residency. 

Note – If an E-2 applicant is seeking permanent residency it may be better to obtain an E-2 National Interest Waiver or participate in the EB-5 Investor Program.


Contact us and register your requirements