Who we are:
"We" are TWPN (UK) Limited trading as both "TWPN.com" and "The WorldPropertyNetwork.com".
- We respect the privacy of every person for whom we have personal data. We comply with data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which regulates the processing of data and ensures that your data is processed fairly and lawfully, is kept secure and only that data necessary for any processing is kept.
- This policy summarises the information we may collect about you and how we may use that data.
- We primarily collect data to provide you with services you have requested, to provide services likely to meet your needs, to improve services provided to you and to sell advertising to help us provide many services free of charge.
- The policy tells you how we ensure the information we have is kept accurate and how you can request access, deletion, rectification, restriction, transfer and withdraw consent (where applicable) and make a complaint.
Personal information collected:
When you visit, register or use the services on this Site, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and your contact details. In addition to asking you to submit personal information, we may also collect information about you automatically when you visit this Site. This may include information about your use of this Site as well as information about you from the emails or letters you send and which are sent to you.
Finally, we may collect information about your property and the type of property you wish to purchase as well as the businesses and other services you search for and use via this Site.
We will only use personal information for the purpose it was collected. Should we ever wish to use it for another purpose we will contact you first asking you for your consent.
We primarily use data to communicate with you, deliver the service you have requested, or services that might interest you (subject to your right to opt out with the details on how to do this found on each business website), to renew a subscription, improve our service, to verify your identity when taking payment or to meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
Profiling – from time to time we may use some elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send you. For example, we may use your location to send you information about an event which is happening in the same part of the country, or we may use your company type or job title to send you a relevant news story or an offer. We do not use this information to make automated decisions.
Information collection and use:
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of this Site and to supply the services and features that you have requested. You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information for the purpose of providing you with our services and for our internal business purposes. We may, for example, aggregate the information you provide to identify patterns which we can use in our marketing and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to this Site or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to email you with details about any other products or services which we offer which may be of interest to you. We try to limit our customer contact program to acceptable levels, but if you wish to exercise your right to opt out, please contact us using the contact details stated above. Please note, however, that opting out could stop us contacting you from time to time about any of our services that may benefit you.
Unless you have given us your consent, we will not provide information about you to companies outside our group to use for their own marketing purposes. We disclose information about our customers only with their consent, or if we are required to do so by law. Sometimes we may need to give information to our agents and subcontractors so that they can provide our services for us. Sometimes these companies may be located abroad in countries that do not have data protection laws. In these circumstances we always take great care to ensure that your personal information is kept safe and secure.
Examples of where we may collect and use your personal information include (without limitation):
- If you register with us, we save the details you provide and use them to enable us to personalise the service we offer to you. You can update your details at any time via the Site's 'member’s area'.
- The information that you complete when you contact an agent or submit an enquiry to an agent is recorded by us and is sent to the agent that you wish to contact.
- If you register with us and save details of properties you are interested in, we can identify which properties you have saved.
- If you register with us and receive email updates from us notifying you of new properties matching your criteria, we record the criteria you have set and details of the properties which we have sent to you. We may also send details of the criteria you have sent to agents to allow them to provide a more personalised service to you.
- We only collect personal information if we have your permission, or we have reasonable commercial reasons for doing this, such as collecting information to process event registrations or to supply you with services or information of relevance to your business. We will only collect the minimum amount of information we need to fulfil these aims.
- We may collect some of the following data such as name, job title, company that employs you, post code, email address, telephone number, gender, purchasing preferences and history, content you post on our websites, and content you read on our websites plus various other data.
- This data may be collected when you order a service or product, use our websites (or a third-party website) e.g. to pay for a ticket to an event, post content to our websites, advertise of apply for a job, sign up for a newsletter or subscription, on completion of a survey, questionnaire or entry to a competition, or by communication to us by email, phone and by other means.
- When you pay us, we will record details of the financial transaction but do not directly store your debit or credit card information. Online payments are made through our websites but are processed securely by third-party payment providers, Sage Pay and Stripe: we only store the last 4 digits of your credit card number.
- If you use our website we may record your IP address, registration details and your browsing history such as the pages you have visited within our sites. If you sign up for a newsletter we may track your response e.g. open a newsletter or click on a link in a newsletter or the pages you visit.
- We do not share personal data with third parties for marketing purposes, other than with the direct consent of the individual(s) which may be withdrawn at any time.
Who has access to the information you provide or we collect?
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you.
We may, if you have consented, provide any of the information we collect from you to carefully screened third parties to contact you regarding products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law.
Access to, changing or removing the information we hold
Registered users of this Site can update their information, change settings or cancel their membership on this Site's 'member’s area' page once signed in.
Cookies and tracking:
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enable us to personalise your visits to this Site, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track your usage of this Site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser's help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites. If you wish to learn more about cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org
Like all websites, our servers automatically record 'log files' containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how this Site is used to help us to monitor and improve our service. We cannot, however, identify you from your log files.
Some cookies expire after your browser is closed whilst others stay on your hard drive. They are of standard use across many websites. We use them on an aggregated information basis and to assess your areas of interest – they are used to identify the number of unique visitors to a site, to improve further web visits (store preferences, user name and your email address) and to improve the user experience for you by, amongst other things, providing content based on your preferences.
Most browsers offer you ways to control, remove or block cookies should you wish to. These browser controls will usually be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu in your toolbar. The ‘help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop or manage cookies.
Note that should all cookies be rejected we are unable to match site content appropriate to the preferences given to us by previous visits and you will not be able to fully utilise all of the web site features.
For further information on cookies visit aboutcookies.org or the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Security, storage and transfer of information:
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store your information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access.
All of the information we collect or record is restricted to our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We will explicitly ask you when we need information to identify you. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or the use of this Site. However, we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use.
How long we keep the data for:
Data is not kept any longer than is required for the purposes of the processing or to comply with the law. As we collect data for many different purposes there is not a single retention period for all data. We instead carefully assess the length of time to retain data according to the processing purpose and to comply with our legal obligations.
When data is no longer required for the purposes of the processing it is securely removed from our systems and from any third party systems or technology platforms, where it has been securely stored.
The Data Protection Act:
Your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and lays down principles for its use. One principle states that information has to be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. This means that you are entitled to know how we intend to use any information you provide. You can then decide whether you want to give it to us. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on this Site when necessary. For more information on the Data Protection Act please see www.dataprotection.gov.uk
Different legal bases are used which depend upon the purpose for processing your data.
When data is provided when purchasing a product or service under a contract with you we process your data under contract necessity with the data being needed to fulfil the contract.
When you sign up for a newsletter, an event or magazine subscription we process your data under consent.
Any additional processing i.e. sharing data with third parties, marketing to you on behalf of third parties is done through either consent or legitimate interest (you are provided with useful information by us in exchange for supplying your information (including personal data) and the relationship between us is balanced in your favour. You have the choice to opt out of processing under this basis).
When you pay us, or we pay you, we only keep data as long as it is necessary to comply with the law.
Changes to the policy
Transfer of data to third parties:
We may use third party providers e.g. for web site hosting, web maintenance, email message sending, job advertising and job application, subscription fulfilment and taking payment.
We share information with these third party to provide these services. We collect broad statistical anonymised information on an aggregate basis, which doesn’t identify you personally, which we may provide to third parties in the form of reports on the success of their advertising with us. This allows us to provide content free of charge.
We will also share data with public or regulatory authorities where required by law or to enforce our terms of service. We take reasonable commercial steps to ensure that your data is kept secure and confidential by any third party, is deleted when not needed for the purpose it was given, that their data privacy policies protect your data and that they only process your data on our instruction.
We do not sell or rent your personal data, although we may transfer, sell or assign your data outside of our company to a third party if we merged, sold or reorganised all, of part, of the company. Your data will be processed fairly, lawfully and securely in the UK and will only be transferred outside of the European Union when there is protection in place for your rights and when the data will be kept secure.
Withdrawal of consent:
When you have provided consent, if you should wish to withdraw that consent, you can let us know by sending an email (details provided on the business website) or by emailing email@example.com and we will remove your data from our systems and from third party systems or platforms where we store your data.
Restriction of liability:
Our websites link to other websites. TWPN is not responsible for the privacy policies of those websites nor does it have or accept any liability for their content.
Legal infomation and how to contact us:
You have the right to see, erase and correct data we hold, the right to restrict the processing we do, and the right to object to it and to have your data transferred to a third party.
If you wish to do any of these things or have any questions about how we use your data, or wish to make a complaint about any privacy issues, please contact the Data Control and Privacy Officer at TWPN, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribing or changing your preferences
Please click on 'contact us' if you no longer wish to receive any information from us. If you wish to change the way that you receive information or the type of information you receive, please log in to your account and change your preferences there.